Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Busy Busy Girl :)

I have been very busy today and completed a few 'On-My-To-Do-List" things ...
Ages ago I bought a big wooden A and R to decorate for the kids bedrooms. Last night I did the A and showed Abbey this morning, ever since Riley saw the A he has been nagging and moaning and harrassing me to do his R!! So that is now done too!! Here they are ...




Riley insisted his be Yellow (his favourite colour, he's obsessed with it!) and they are both hanging above the kids beds in their bedrooms now. I'm very pleased with how well they turned out.

The reason why Riley was harrassing me about doing his R is because I was busy with another project this morning. In the night last night I woke up with an idea ... I have been thinking for a few days now what I could do for Jason for Fathers Day (which is on Sunday here in NZ)and the idea sprung up on me in the middle of the night!
If you have been following my blog you will know that late last year my darling hubby went to America planning on re-enlisting in the US Marines. He turned into a Marine right out of High School and ever since he has been in New Zealand I have heard and re-heard every Marine story he has to tell. As much as he wanted to re-enlist to help out our family to be in a better position, he also wanted to do it for himself ... as the saying goes "Once a Marine, Always a Marine". Well 8mths later with the US in a state of Economic crisis, and the Marines cutting back heavily on their enlistees my dissapointed and down-hearted hubby came back to New Zealand. I know he is really dissapointed he couldn't re-join his comrades and have his family live in his Home Country. Jase has a loyalty to the Marines like nothing I've seen before, I dunno if it's a military thing, an American thing or just a thing! But he is very proud of all his memborillia he has from when he served his country. I have started a scrapbook for his photos and such things but there are a lot of bulky things that I can't put in an album. So for Fathers Day to say "I love and appreciate all you have done for us" I made him this ....




I am soooo pleased with how it turned out and really hope he likes it!! Now his ribbons and medals etc can be in a little safe place :)

I'm on a real crafting roll at the moment!! Lets hope it continues on!

1 comment:

Nic said...

the kids letters look awesome, but OMG you made my eyes leak with that bit about Jase *sniffles* that keepsake box is just beautiful!