Monday, February 21, 2011

I got me a Blog Award - again!!!

A little while ago I discovered this blog 'Kiwi at Heart'. It was around the time of the Brisbane floods and I was moved by Leonie's posts. Then I read all about how her and her family were packing up and coming back to NZ and then I actually got to meet her! And she is one awesome lady! So thanks for the award Leonie!



As always with blog awards there are rules so here's what you have to do:


1. Thank and link back to the blogger who passed this award onto you.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award other recently discovered great bloggers.
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award...

Seven things about me:
1. I can not ride a bike. I never learnt as a kid and I have never been able to get up the nerve to try as an adult. So when everyone says "it's just like riding a bike", I have no idea what they mean!!!
2. I met my beloved husband online! It was incredibly strange and I wasn't on a dating service or anything just a regular chat room, but destiny wanted us together I guess! And the weird thing is that we were together for 4years before we even owned a computer!!
3. I am an insomniac. Sleep is rare for me, a good sleep even rarer, this has only been since losing Jase, it's all combined with weirdness without him in the bed and nightmares. I wish it was possible to survive on no sleep but sadly it really isn't!
4. I am OBSESSED with the colour Orange. See HERE ... Orange has been my favourite for a long time but since I no longer have a husband reining me in I am going orange CRAZY!!!
5. I have a HUGE extended family. My Mum is one of 7 and so is my Dad. Mum has 5 sisters and 1 brother, my dad 5 brothers and 1 sister! My parents are both the 3rd child in their families! When I was alot younger I always thought my Mum & Dad's family could all marry each other ... hmmm the weird thoughts of kids aye! But having so many Aunts and Uncles means LOTS of cousins, and I have some AMAZING ones!!
6. My First time in an aeroplane (apart from a scenic flight around lake Taupo when I was 10) was a 12 hour flight to LA! I really don't like flying! After no planes after our trip to the states I'd been on 7!
7. I have a little bit of a Vampire thing. I LOVE Vampire, movies, books, TV Series. It all started way back when I saw Interview With the Vampire at the movies and has grown from there. My favourite Vampire books are Anne Rices 'Vampire Chronicles' and my favourite on screen is 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' I am not ashamed to say I own all 7 seasons on DVD and could probably tell you most episodes word for word!

Well that was harder than expected! For a blogger who blogs about her life coming up with 7 things was somewhat more difficult that I thought!

And now who shall I award this time???

Mandy - one of the sweetest ladies I have yet to meet!
Hilary - who is living my dream!! And of course is super talented to boot!

and that will do for now!!

Another Happy Blog Award Day!!

1 comment:

mandyb said...

ok to start with LOVE the font on your blog now....very cool!!!
AND wow thanks for the blog award!! will tackle my list (eeekkk) when i get home!!!
xxxxx