Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Welcome Home Palmers



We are finally home .. in OUR house!! What an AWESOME feeling!! When I saw that door mat I knew I HAD to have it because it sums it all up!

I don't have any photos to show you about the move or anything exciting to show yet but man how exciting!!

We spent the first night in the house on mattresses on the floor in the living room, then the trucks came and moved everything the next day.

We are still not properly unpacked, there are boxes all over the place and the garage has lots of stuff in it that will eventually come into the house but I can take my time .. I am not going anywhere for a long long time ... if ever!

Owning your own home has the downfalls too. Like the fact I have had to have the fireplace repaired before we could use it. I need jobs done by roofers, plumbers, electricians and drain layers! I have called a million trades people and had so many quotes!! This part of home owning I am not enjoying. I hate talking on the phone!!!

I have BIG plans! I have made a Home Reno Book (in orange of course!)


I am using it to write down what needs to be done, what I want to do. I am putting paint and fabric samples in there. Pinterest ideas, anything! I have promised my Mum I won't do anything until I have lived here for a few months and I am sticking by that promise. I have so many ideas and the longer I am here the more I know what I want! I can not wait to start painting and wallpapering and all the other things I am going to do!! It is sometimes hard to be patient!!

The fun part is I have bought wallpaper, curtains, new furniture. I have BIG ideas and I am going to get to do it all!! Whoop Whoop!!

So keep an eye out for my Home Reno posts!! I am gonna have lots of before and afters coming up!!

YAY!! For finally being Home!

7 comments:

PaisleyJade said...

I LOVE your new home!! Can't wait to see what you do (or should I say, see how you orangafy it???). xoxo

jacksta said...

yay!

Cat said...

Welcome HOME Palmers xxxx
Can't wait to see piccies of your new home

Neetz said...

Yayyy awesomeness! xxxx

Anonymous said...

Welcome to home ownership :) we are still trying to decide what we do here... we come up with an idea, try getting some pingas together for it and then change our minds!!! we want to extend and then we dont we wont to move the lounge and then we dont, blue bathroom, grey bathroom , bigger kitchen, leave the kitchen and all that before we even start on the garden lol, awesome to see you posting again xx

Anonymous said...

Your mat is very cool and I am in love with your home reno book. I would love one too, but suspect it could be very, very expensive!!!

Leonie said...

Yay Yippee!! woohoo!!
Cant wait to see what you do too. Your home is so perfectly you and adding your own touches is going to make it perfect!!!