Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Better Scrapbooking March Scrap Pack

When this months scrap pack arrived I was a little worried. It was a very heritagey pack and I have never really done any heritage scrapping before. 

The paper was gorgeous! It was a range called Generations by Simple Stories.


I went to a BBQ at my Nana & Grandad's house and my Nana has photographs EVERYWHERE! Every surface you look at is covered in photos so I borrowed a few from her and scanned them to do my first two layouts.


This is my Dad's family. All 9 of them! My Dad is the last one in the back row.


This is my Nana (Dad's Mum). She said she would have been about 15 or 16 in this photo. She is 84 now. My Nana is awesome!


And just so I don't feel left out ... this is ME! I must have been about 3 in this photo. It was on my Great Uncles farm which we used to visit a lot as kids.


I am lucky enough to have 3 out of my 4 Grandparents still around. On my Mums side we have 4 Generations of girls. It is such a special thing to have in a family. Abbey is very lucky to have 3 generations of advice, wisdom, strength and love to depend upon. My Grandma is 86 years old and I try not to take for granted that she won't always be around. I am so happy that my children can have a relationship with their great-grandparents! 

So even though I was a bit worried to begin with I am really pleased with the end results of this Scrap Pack!  Head on over to the March Better Scrapbooking newsletter to find out how I made these and check out what the other design team member Jennie did too! Also Megan has added some great tips and techniques in too!

4 comments:

Rachel Kate said...

Love your work Trace :) you are so clever! Now to find time to finish some projects hehe

Karen Cheyne said...

Thanks for the family information behind the layouts. They are lovely. You've done a wonderful job.

mandyb said...

they look stunning!!!
go you!!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your work Tracy, love love love it!!